Fairfield, CA — With Black Friday and Christmas fast approaching, retailers should be planning marketing pushes and in-store events for the upcoming shopping season. Jelly Belly Candy Co.’s latest Candy Chronicle reveals retail tips for making the best of the holidays.
- Offer incentives to get shoppers in the door and to the register, such as buy one, get one free deals and early bird discounts.
- Use social media and other marketing tools to spread the word about special offers.
- Engage customers by making shopping an “experience,” with in-store samples and contests. “Sales and offers are only half the battle,” Jelly - Belly Director of Communications Tomi Holt says. “You want to encourage shoppers to spend more, and this is where sampling and fun games can win you sales and bring in repeat business.”
- Inform your local news outlets about holiday offerings and activities several weeks ahead of time. Invite TV reporters to your store and find out what other nearby retailers are doing to give newspapers the idea for a larger, local holiday shopping story. “Be prepared to showcase your holiday gift ideas, stocking stuffers and business gifts,” Holt notes.
- It’s not too early to start planning for Easter and Valentine’s Day. Order products for both holidays together to ensure on-time delivery and avoid sell-outs.
- Capitalize on the spicy trend with cinnamon-flavored items and those that incorporate peppers.