Understanding Third Party Food Safety Audits
August 2, 2011
"Decision Based Criteria for your Third Party Food Safety Audit"
Presented By Debby Newslow
President, D L Newslow & Associates, Inc.
This is a webinar that has occured in the past. Recorded lectures are available to NCA Members for free.
For more information contact Laura Shumow.
Part One- Intro into GFSI
- Welcome and Course Introduction
- Management System Evolution in the Food Industry
- An Introduction to Food Safety Management Standards (FSMS)
- GFSI, BRC, Dutch HACCP, IFS, SQF, FSSC 22000
- Prerequisite Requirements (Foundation to your Food Safety Program)
- PAS 220/ISO 22000 = FSSC 22000
- What are the basic requirements?
Part Two- Choosing a Third Party Audit that's Right for You
- Brief Review from Part One
- Choosing the third party audit supplier: what to consider?
- The small company - how to build a system with confidence?
- Pitfalls of the Third Party Audit
- How have "food safety" disasters made it past auditors?
- How is the process being improved?
- Third Party Audits - Beyond HACCP
- Conclusion: Developing the Foundation for an Effective Food Safety System
- Questions and Answers