- large marshmallows
- small drink stirrers/straws or toothpicks
- small candy pieces
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 (16 oz.) box of confectioners sugar
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients. Beat several minutes with an electric mixer until smooth. The icing should be thick. Use food coloring to achieve the desired color effects.
- The icing will harden quickly. Store in a tightly sealed container if you are not using it right away. While you work with the icing, keep a damp cloth over the unused portion.
- Trim the toothpick or drink stirrer to the exact height of two marshmallows stacked one on the other.
- Insert the trimmed toothpick or drink stirrer into the two marshmallows.
- Use icing to adhere candy pieces to marshmallow to create fun faces, scarves, hats and buttons.
If you would like, place a snowman in the front yard of your gingerbread house!