Fun Facts About Candy Canes
- For 200 years, the candy cane came only in one color — white. The red stripes did not appear until sometime around the turn of the 20th century.
- National Candy Cane Day is celebrated December 26th in the United States
- Each year about 1.2 billion candy canes are made.
- Considered a seasonal item, 90 percent of candy canes are sold between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Candy canes are the number one selling non-choclate candy in the month of December
- The biggest single week for candy cane sales is the second week in December. This is likely attributable to that fact that most people decorate their Christmas trees that week.