Texas Style Chocolate Sheet Cake
Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
You will need:
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) margarine; cut up
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Chocolate Pecan Icing
PREP: 15 minutes; COOK: 20 to 25 minutes. This Recipe will make 48 square pieces of cake.
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; set aside. In a medium saucepan, mix together margarine, cocoa, and 1 cup water. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring often. Pour over flour and sugar mixture. Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla, and mix well. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately frost top of hot cake with Chocolate Pecan Icing. Let cool, then cut into 48 squares.