Texas Style Chocolate Sheet Cake
Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 sticks (8 ounces) margarine; cut up
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk or sour cream
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Chocolate pecan icing (recipe)
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together margarine, cocoa, and 1 cup water. Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring often. Pour over flour and sugar mixture.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, baking soda and vanilla, and mix well. Turn batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately frost top of hot cake with chocolate pecan icing.
- Let cool, then cut into 48 squares.