You will need:
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups (12 oz.) chocolate chips or 12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 pint whipping cream
- Melt chocolate in double boiler over hot, not boiling water.* Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add vanilla and chocolate. Mix well. Stir in pecans.
- Whip cream to the soft peak stage.
- Fold whipped cream into the chocolate cheese mixture.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the prepared crust. Chill 8 hours.
*Or, place chocolate in glass bowl. Microwave on full power for 1 minute 30 seconds. Stir. Repeat additional 30 seconds if necessary. Stir.