Toffee Mandel Bread
Mandel bread, or Mandelbrot, is a firm, slightly sweet baked good. It is served during many Jewish holidays, including Rosh Hashanah and Hanukkah.
This delightful bread is sure to sweeten up your family's Hanukkah celebration.
You will need:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar and 2 tsp sugar, reserved
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3 cups flour
- 5 coarsely chopped chocolate-covered toffee bars
- Mix eggs, 1 cup sugar (be sure to set aside the final 2 tsp for later), oil, vanilla, baking powder and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon gradually add flour until well mixed
- Add chopped toffee bars
- Place dough into two greased loaf pans and sprinkle each with reserved teaspoons of sugar
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (for convention oven, bake 10 minutes less at 325 degress)
- Remove and cut into slices
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes
- Remove when finish and let cool before serving