Gingerbread Cookie Houses
You will need:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup margarine, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¾ cup light molasses
- 2 large eggs
- 1 12 ounce bag of jelly beans
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat margarine and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed. Beat in molasses and eggs. Gradually blend in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half; wrap and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Roll out small amount of dough, 1/8-inch thick, onto well-greased and floured baking sheets.
- Cut dough with desired 3- or 4-inch cookie house stencils. Remove scraps and re-roll.
- Decorate each cookie with jelly beans. (Cookies may be decorated with jelly beans after baking by attaching beans using a small dab of prepared frosting.)
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until done.