You will need:
- 1 pound vanilla-flavor candy coating or white chocolate, cut up (or one bag white baking chips)
- 3/4 cup crushed peppermints or mint-flavored candy canes
- Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside. Heat candy coating in a heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the crushed candy canes. Pour mixture to about 3/8-inch thickness onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with the remaining crushed candies.
- Let candy stand at room temperature for several hours until firm or place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Lift firm candy from the baking sheet and break into 1-oz. pieces. Store tightly covered up to 2 weeks. Makes 1 pound (16 servings).
Note: For a different flavor, try using fruit-flavored candy canes!