Chocolate Chip Chocolate Cake
- 1 Package chocolate cake mix
- 3 3/4 - ounce package chocolate pudding mix (instant)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1-cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 6-ounce package chocolate chips
Sour Cream Chocolate Icing
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces or milk chocolate pieces (for sweeter icing)
- 1-cup sour cream
- 1/8-teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix for 3 minutes. Add chips and mix for 1 more minute.
- Pour batter into greased and lightly floured bundt pan or a 9-by-13-inch pan. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 55 to 60 minute for the plat pan, or until tester comes out clean.
- Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over very hot water. Do not allow to boil. Blend in sour cream, salt and sugar with wooden spoon. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and spread icing on cake. Yields enough for sides and top of bundt or flat cake. For very think icing, double this recipe. Both cake and icing freeze well.