- 1 Package chocolate cake mix
- 1 Tbsp chocolate syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream *
- Cola or Root Beer
- Whipped cream and maraschino cherry for the topping
*For best results, leave the ice cream in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes, or soften in the microwave for a few seconds, before making the soda. The texture of the drink will be creamier and easier to work with.
- Makes one large serving.
- In the bottom of a tall glass, place the syrup and one scoop of ice cream with a small amount of cola or root beer.
- Stir and be sure to add enough cola to fill the glass three-quarters full.
- Next, add the second scoop of ice cream, then top with more cola.
- Finish with whipped cream and a cherry!