Mint Meltaway Cake Brownies
Author: Fannie May
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 tablespoons cocoa
1 cup water
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking soda
8-10 Fannie May® Mint Meltaways
- Preheat oven to 375°. Grease two 8" pans.
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- Mix butter, cocoa, and water in a saucepan and continue to stir until it comes to a boil.
- Add to the flour and sugar.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla extract in a separate bowl. After mixed well, add to the flour and sugar.
- Using a food processor, grind Mint Meltaways into fine crumbs. Then add to batter and mix well.
- Divide batter into two greased pans and bake 20 to 30 minutes.