Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
5 squares (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate; cut up
2 sticks (8 ounces) butter or margarine
1 3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sifted flour
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a 2-quart glass bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- With a fork, beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well mixed.
- Mix in salt and flour.
- Spread evenly in a greased, foil lined 9x13" baking pan.
- Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over top.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Do not over-bake.
- Let cool.