Author: Blommer Chocolate Company
You will need:
- 5 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate; cut up
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) butter or margarine
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sifted flour
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1 cup)
PREP: 10 minutes; COOK: 32 to 38 minutes. This Recipe will produce 36 to 40 brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a 2-quart glass bowl, combine unsweetened chocolate and butter. Heat in a microwave oven on high 1 ½ to 2 ½ minutes, or until chocolate is melted and smooth when stirred.
- With a fork, beat in sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and eggs until well mixed.
- Mix in salt and flour.
- Spread evenly in a greased, foil lined 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle nuts and chocolate chips over top. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until set. Do not over-bake. Let cool.