8320 Old Courthouse Road | Ste 300 Vienna, VA 22182
Phone: (703) 790-5750 | Email Us
These easy-to-assemble crafts make great party favors, decorations or trick-or-treat bags.
- White tissue paper
- Orange tissue paper
- Dark green tissue paper
- Small paper cups
- Two rubber bands
- One green pipe cleaner (chenille-covered wire)
- Assortment of small candy
To make the shape of the pumpkin:
- Shape white tissue paper into a ball the size of the pumpkin you wish to make.
- Insert a paper cup filled with wrapped candy in the center of the ball.
- Place the white tissue paper ball in the center of two layers of orange tissue paper large enough to cover the ball with some left at the top.
- Gather ends of orange paper around the ball and secure at the top with one of the rubber bands.
- Trim the gathered ends of the orange paper down to 1 inch. This will become the center of the pumpkin stem.
To make the outer stem:
- Place the center of two layers of green tissue paper over the top of the gathered ends of the orange tissue paper and pull down around the stem.
- Secure green tissue paper with the second rubber band. The green paper will have loose ends.
- Use the scissors to shape the loose ends of the green tissue paper into leaves.
- Wrap the center of the pipe cleaner around the rubber band until it is covered.
- Twist the pipe cleaner to secure it and curl each end of the pipe cleaner around the pencil to make a curly tendril.