Candy-Filled Tissue Paper Pumpkins
These easy-to-assemble tissue paper pumpkins make great party favors, decorations or trick-or-treat bags.
- white tissue paper
- orange tissue paper
- dark green tissue paper
- small paper cups
- two rubber bands
- one green pipe cleaner (chenille-covered wire)
- assortment of small candy
To make the shape of the pumpkin:
- Shape white tissue paper into a ball the size of the pumpkin you wish to make.
- Insert a paper cup filled with wrapped candy in the center of the ball.
- Place the white tissue paper ball in the center of two layers of orange tissue paper large enough to cover the ball with some left at the top.
- Gather ends of orange paper around the ball and secure at the top with one of the rubber bands.
- Trim the gathered ends of the orange paper down to 1 inch. This will become the center of the pumpkin stem.
To make the outer stem:
- Place the center of two layers of green tissue paper over the top of the gathered ends of the orange tissue paper and pull down around the stem.
- Secure green tissue paper with the second rubber band. The green paper will have loose ends.
- Use the scissors to shape the loose ends of the green tissue paper into leaves.
- Wrap the center of the pipe cleaner around the rubber band until it is covered.
- Twist the pipe cleaner to secure it and curl each end of the pipe cleaner around the pencil to make a curly tendril.