Halloween Safety Tips
The National Confectioners Association has established the following safety tips to help make this Halloween a safe and enjoyable one:
- Wear light-colored clothing that’s short enough to prevent tripping and add reflective tape to the sides, front and back of costume.
- Make sure children can see well through face masks, or use cosmetics to create fun or scary faces.
- Adults should accompany young children
- Go out in daylight and carry a flashlight in case of delay
- Stay within the neighborhood and only visit homes you know
- Watch for traffic
- Only give and accept wrapped or packaged candy
- Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and become frightened
- Avoid hard plastic or wood props such as daggers or swords. Substitute with foam rubber which is soft and flexible.