Are you interested in joining NCA?
Learn more about what we have to offer.
Advocacy and Regulatory Guidance
Protecting Your Business in the Marketplace
NCA serves as your voice in Washington D.C. when it comes to influencing and understanding the laws that impact your business. We have the right relationships with key public policy decision makers and we know how to get results. We help your company understand and implement the complicated regulations required to stay in compliance with food safety laws that protect the public and inform consumers. NCA’s advocacy and regulatory teams have their finger on the pulse when it comes to issues affecting members, including food safety, nutrition labeling requirements, product recalls, GMO labeling, Prop 65, and the international trade regulations database.
Advocacy and regulatory resources available to NCA members include:
- One-on-one assistance with regulatory questions
- Education: frequent webinars and in person courses on labeling & food safety
- Monthly regulatory updates
- We foster relations with key regulators
- We advocate for regulatory standards that are practical and achievable
Proactive Messaging to Enhance and Protect Candy’s Image
NCA protects and promotes the industry‚Äôs reputation with media and thought leader influencers, and creates an environment in which your products are celebrated as honest, authentic, transparent and fun treats. By showcasing the great faces and voices of the confectionery industry, we are able to share your tremendous story with the public. We have a rapid response capability that provides early alerts and allows us to effectively manage crisis communications and challenges for our industry.
We amplify the industry’s message and unique story through:
Retail and Supply Chain Engagement
Promoting Your Business in the Marketplace
NCA can open doors to new business around the world and provide networking opportunities for your company through our signature events including:
- Sweets & Snacks Expo: More than 17,000 industry professionals attend the largest confectionery and snack show in North America, featuring the latest trends, hottest product releases, and a valuable educational program. Supplier members receive up to five complimentary registrations, depending on the company’s dues level.
- State of the Industry Conference: NCA‚Äôs annual conference that brings industry leaders together to learn from powerful keynote speakers on issues facing the industry, keep current on the state of the industry, gain insights to apply to their businesses and network with industry peers.
- Washington Forum: NCA’s legislative fly-in is an important opportunity to meet with your Congressional representatives to communicate the value of the confectionery industry and the important role that your business plays in your community. You will develop relationships with policy-makers that will advance the industry as well as your business.
Industry events sponsored by NCA:
- PACK EXPO International: NCA sponsors the Confectionery Pavilion at Pack Expo, North America‚Äôs largest packaging and processing equipment trade event. Supplier members receive discounted booth rates in the pavilion, exhibitor listings and profiles in the Confectionery Handy Guide, and participation in the industry networking reception.
- Interpack: NCA co-sponsors a networking reception for confectionery manufacturers and exhibitors at this leading global packaging trade show.
In addition to NCA’s signature events, you have access to the Association’s online membership directory as well as year-round sponsorship and advertising/brand awareness opportunities.
Industry Insights, Research & Education
Educating Your Business on the Marketplace
NCA members have exclusive access to valuable domestic and global insights, trends and analytics. Educate your associates and enhance your proprietary insights and customer presentations with the latest trends to help position your company as a category thought leader.
As an NCA member, you have access to:
- In-depth seasonal and annual category performance reviews
- Key principles for maximizing everyday and seasonal confections
- Monthly market data for the U.S.
- International market insights and trends
- Year-round industry education by leading experts
- Market sizing and economic impact
- Research white papers and one-pagers
- Subscription to NCA‚Äôs magazine Candy & Snack TODAY
- NCA SmartBrief: daily electronic newsletter covering the top stories in the confectionery industry
Here are some examples of the data and insights that are included in your membership: