Tricks to Enjoy Your Favorite Halloween Treats
Halloween is one of the sweetest holidays in the U.S. While the holiday was historically celebrated by Celtic tribes in pre-Christian times, the tradition of dressing in disguises and celebrating with food and drink endures to this day.
Crafts, decor ideas and activities to make your celebration of Halloween even more fun
- Ten Tricks for Halloween Treats
- Historical Happenings – a collection of folklore surrounding the evolution of Halloween
- All About Candy Corn
- What’s the Right Way to Eat Candy Corn? (infographic)
Health & Safety
Keep moderation in mind
Since there are so many goodies being handed out on Halloween, it’s a good time to keep moderation in mind. For more information on enjoying your candy responsibly, visit the Treat Right section of our website. Also, be sure to check out our Americans Stay Sweet on Halloween by Embracing Moderation (2015 press release).
Did you know?
- Each year, about 75 percent of households plan to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters.
- Chocolate is the clear winner when it comes to Americans’ favorite Halloween candy, with candy corn taking second place.
- Even parents join in on the trick-or-treating fun—nearly 80 percent confess to sharing candy from their child’s haul.