More than $2 million in marketing subsidies is available to the confectionery industry for the 12-month period beginning in January. Designed to provide assistance in promoting confectionery products on the international market, these funds are available through the U.S. Department of Agriculture Market Access Program and are managed by the National Confectioners Association.
The MAP matches up to 50 percent of your qualifying marketing and promotional expenses including advertising, sample shipments, public relations, seminars, certain publication expenditures and many trade show-related expenses.
It is easy to qualify.
There are few restrictions on participation. They are:
- Company meets the definition of “small” as defined by the Small Business Administration (https://www.sba.gov/tools/size-standards-tool)
- Products must contain 50 percent U.S.-grown raw materials
- Product must meet federal standards for chocolate and confectionery
How do I receive my share of the allocation?
Simply complete the easy-to-use application and marketing strategy attached. If you have any questions, Amy Austin will be happy to help with your application.
When do I have to complete the application?
Act now before all of the allocations are distributed. Participation has grown considerably in the past several years. Funding is tight, as it has not kept the same pace as the increase in the number of applicants. We encourage you to be realistic in your request for funding.
Application evaluations will rely heavily upon the quality of the application and marketing plan with respect to your company’s commitment to exporting.
Contact Amy Austin or Karen Horan for more information.
More about MAP
More than $2 million has been made available for the U.S. confectionery industry to help offset the costs of promotions for qualifying products in the international marketplace. U.S. confectionery manufacturers and confectionery exporters should apply now for this funding. To learn more and download important information and forms:
Market Access Program Handbook
- 2018 MAP Branded Application (NEWLY ADDED)
- 2018 Country Marketing Plan Form (NEWLY ADDED)
- Guide to NCA’s Branded Program (NEWLY ADDED)
- Promotional (Non-Travel) Expenses
- Travel Expenses
- Travel Trip Report
- Notification of International Travel to Foreign Agricultural Service
* NCA is a cooperator within the United States Department of Agriculture’s Market Access Program on behalf of the confectionery industry. This program helps U.S. producers, exporters, private companies and other trade organizations finance promotional activities for U.S. agricultural products. The MAP encourages the development, maintenance and expansion of commercial export markets for agricultural commodities. Activities financed include consumer promotions, market research, technical assistance and trade servicing.
To learn more about how government reimbursement can help your company grow export sales, contact Karen Horan.