Americans are celebrating Easter by…
- 2/3 of American parents will make Easter baskets.
- More than ½ of Americans say that chocolate bunnies/eggs are their favorite Easter treat, while 17% prefer jelly beans.
- Millennials are more likely than any other age group to be influenced by seasonal classics like chocolate eggs and bunnies.
90% of Americans will share chocolate & candy this Easter.
- chocolate eggs/bunnies – 55%
- candy-coated eggs – 15%
- jelly beans – 17%
- Marshmallow candy – 9%
- Other – 4%.
Parents are saying…
- 95% of parents agree that it’s ok to enjoy seasonal chocolate & candy around holidays like Easter.
- 85% of parents say that individual packs and fun size packages will influence the Easter treats they purchase.
- 90% of parents discuss the importance of balance as it relates to the fun and enjoyment of chocolate & candy around holidays like Easter.
- 88% of parents take responsibility to ensure that their children’s treat intake on Easter fits into a happy, balanced lifestyle.
NCA’s Seasonal Survey was conducted in January 2018 by 210 Analytics, LLC using a self-administered, online questionnaire. The sample of 1,500 individuals mirrors the U.S. population in terms of key demographics, including age, income, ethnicity and region. The margin of error is +2.5%.