Here’s an easy and delicious recipe for a Christmas classic – Peppermint Candy Bark.
1. Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
2. In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate candy or coating in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each interval, until melted. Or, melt in a double boiler until smooth.
3. Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushed candy canes in the chocolate mixture. Pour mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness onto the prepared baking sheet. Place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
4. Repeat melting chocolate step with the white chocolate or white candy coating. Stir in 1/4 cup of the crushedcandy canes in the white chocolate mixture. Pour mixture to about 1/4-inch thickness onto the now firm chocolate base.
5. Sprinkle the top with the remaining crushed candies.
6. Let candy stand at room temperature for several hours until firm or place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes. Lift firm candy from the baking sheet and break into 1-oz. pieces. Store tightly covered up to 2 weeks. Makes 1 pound (16 servings).
Note: For a different flavor, try using fruit-flavored candy canes; cherry would complement both the white and milk/dark chocolate.